Sunday, September 16, 2012

Upcycled Chair



I bought this great plywood chair at the local op shop for $10 -  I and am rejuvenating it as part of project I am working on with a client.  The chair will be used as the desk chair in a 10year old boys room.








After a sand, a couple of coats of paint and some personalisation - I have stenciled his initial on the front and back.  A very funky chair for $15.00









Today reading the Sunday paper there was a feature on butterfly chairs from Temptation Design  - these chairs retail for $545 each!!! ouch


Although the shape is a little different, they do look similar and I think my $15 upcycled chairs is a knock out!



1 comment:

  1. WOW Vicki, what a huge difference from start to finish. I wish I had the eye to pick out bargains like that and see what they can possibly finish up like. What a huge savings for your client and a much more personalised chair in the end too!!! I can't wait to see what you do next....

    ReplyDelete